Highland Biodiversity Conference
Since 2005, the Highland Biodiversity Partnership has held an annual conference gathering together wildlife enthusiasts and experts, organisations and environmental agencies. At the gatherings participants share information, learn from others, and input ideas on biodiversity and related topics to the Highland Biodiversity Partnership, which in 2013 became part of the Highland Environment Forum, funded by the Highland Council and Scottish Natural Heritage.
Reports from past conferences can be downloaded below.
The Conference is held every Spring in Inverness, and is open to anyone with an interest in biodiversity. Please contact the Biodiversity Officers at the address on the bottom of the page if you would like to get involved.
2017 and 2018 Conference
Pollinators and On the Trail of the Lonesome Pine. Find out more here.
2016 Highland Wildlife Fair
PDFs of the presentations given at the 2015 conference can be downloaded below - n.b. ecause these are image heavy some of the pdfs may be 4mb. Summaries of each talk are given in the conference report (see download section below)
A volunteers perspective : Megan Rowland
TCV work in the Highlands : Ullie Wenzel
HTSI and the Saltire Award : Mhairi Wylie
- 2015 Highland Biodiversity Conference Report - Environmental Volunteering (pdf)
- 2014 Highland Biodiversity Conference Report (pdf)
- Report on the Highland Biodiversity Forum – 2nd April 2011 (pdf)
- Report on the Highland Biodiversity Forum – 13th March 2010 (pdf)
- Report on the Highland Biodiversity Forum – 7th March 2009 (pdf)
- Report on the Highland Biodiversity Forum - 1st March 2008 (pdf)
- Report on The Highland Biodiversity Forum - May 2007 (pdf)
- Report on The Highland Biodiversity Forum - 1st April 2006 (pdf)
- Report on The Highland Biodiversity Seminar - 12th March 2005 (pdf)