Invasive species work group
The Invasive Non-native Species Forum exists as a separate work group under the Biodiversity work group remit.
More details about the work of the Invasive Non-native Species Forum, useful leaflets and weblinks about tackling invasive species and a full listing of minutes can be found here.
To deliver the aims of the Highland Invasive Species Forum through projects specified as being of priority by the Forum The aims of the Highland Invasive Species Group were agreed as follows:
- To bring together the key players and take stock of the situation regarding invasive non-native species in Highland;
- To raise awareness and spread good practice;
- To identify any major gaps and prioritise key areas for future work; and
- To work together to secure new resources and funding.
The group first met in June 2008 and at this meeting, its aims were agreed to be to:
- bring together the key players and take stock of the situation regarding invasive non-native species in Highland
- raise awareness and spread good practice
- identify any major gaps and prioritise key areas for future work
- and work together to secure new resources and funding.
- Chair: John Parrott, Coille Alba
- Jonathan Willet
- BEAR Scotland Peter Nairne
- Cromarty Firth Fisheries Trust Simon McKelvey
- Forestry Commission Scotland Ian Collier
- Forestry Commission Scotland Ken Knott
- Forestry Commission Scotland Suzanne Dolby
- Growing Concerns Michael Stretch
- Highland Council Jonathan Saxby
- Lochaber Fisheries Trust Lucy Ballantyne
- National Trust for Scotland Barbara Macritchie
- National Trust for Scotland Rob Dewar
- River Spey Fisheries Trust Bob Laughton
- Scottish Environment Protection Agency Julie Bhatti
- Scottish Environment Protection Agency Judi McDonald
- Scottish Natural Heritage David O’Brien
- Scottish Natural Heritage Nicola Tallach
- Scottish Natural Heritage Steve North
- The Conservation Volunteers Ullie Wenzel
- Christopher Worthington